The Association to Benefit Children (ABC) is seeking a qualified Substitute Assistant Teacher at Cassidy’s Place, which offers a full day of education and support services, blending Head Start, Preschool Special Education (CPSE), and Universal Pre-Kindergarten. Assistant Teachers will plan, implement, and coordinate developmentally appropriate curricula that meet Head Start regulations and support the mission of ABC.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks
Assistant Teacher subs will:
- Create a nurturing, enriching, stimulating, engaging and encouraging developmentally appropriate early childhood environment for infants and toddlers.
- Observe, assess, and document each child’s health, skills, behavior, growth, and development
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy classroom environment
- Assist in the development of the program’s educational curriculum in collaboration with Lead Teachers
- Plan and implement activities that support the social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development of each child
- Encourage parental participation and develop partnerships with families
- Maintain daily attendance and meal participation counts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- CDA or an Associate in Early Childhood and a NYS Teaching Assistant Certification required.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- Knowledge of early childhood curriculum and developmentally appropriate practice for 0-4 age group
- Ability to work as a cooperative and supportive team member
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with parents
ABC is an EOE employer.