We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Computer Graphics technology, Interaction Design for a virtual internship during the summer of 2021.
Objectives/Goals of the Position:
The US IT Internship program provides the best undergraduate students a unique opportunity to gain meaningful UX experience as part of the IT organization in the pharmaceutical industry. In addition to their information system experience, the program participants are involved in cross-functional training sessions and networking activities. All participants are exposed to Senior US IT Leadership throughout our mentoring program.
Participants will collaborate with other US IT Interns on a group presentation describing their individual project experiences and contributions and will present to Senior US IT Leadership. Upon completion, participants leave the program with invaluable UX, business and IT knowledge that provides them with a head start on their career.
Primary Duties of the Position:
Various UX responsibilities including, but not limited to the day to day activities such as user research, usability testing, requirements and design development based on project needs, status updates and ad-hoc projects. Work with other UX team members, BAs, PMs, QA, developers, stakeholders.
Additionally, you will have an opportunity to get experience with producing accessible digital solutions helping teams develop an understanding of the most common accessibility patterns and how people with disabilities use digital tools. Be passionate and contagious about making the web assessable to all.
To participate in the AstraZeneca Intern Program students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Rising college Juniors & Seniors pursuing degrees in: Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Computer Graphics Technology, Interaction Design or related fields.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate program returning to the academic program following AstraZeneca assignment.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 preferred.
- Completed second year at the undergraduate level.
- Knowledge or experience in user-centered design, design thinking, user research, usability testing techniques, analysis, wireframing, low/hi-fidelity prototyping, information architecture, interface design (preferred).
- Understanding of how people consume content.
- Good attention to detail.
- Great presentation and communication skills (written and spoken).
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.