We’re looking for a passionate and detail-oriented outreach partnerships intern to support our Partnerships team. In this role, you will focus on email outreach to potential users across North America (including corporate law firms’ pro bono practices, legal nonprofits and other direct service providers on the ground) to ensure they are aware of AsylumConnect’s lifesaving technology.
- Research potential users (including corporate law firms’ pro bono practices, legal nonprofits, law schools’ public interest clinics, and other direct service providers) across the United States and Canada.
- Email and call prospective partners to establish relationships and ensure they know about AsylumConnect’s free technology.
- Represent AsylumConnect at partnership meetings and serve as a primary contact for our partners.
- Respond to the special needs and requests of our partners in a timely manner.
- Brainstorm creative ways to utilize our partners’ expertise and resources.
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in partner relations, business administration, public relations or a related field.
- Comfortable with online communication tools (Slack, Asana, G Suite).
- The flexibility to email and call organizations during local business hours.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and significance of AsylumConnect to prospective partners.
- Previous leadership and project management experience.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professionalism, administrative skills, and follow-through.
- Proficiency in Spanish (to also support outreach in Mexico) is a plus.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and/or immigrant rights.
Schedule & Compensation:
We’re looking for interns to join us for the Spring 2021 semester (Tuesday, January 19 – Friday, April 30, 2021), with a commitment of 10-30 hours per week, Monday – Friday. *Note: This internship is remote and unpaid. Interns may also extend the internship into Summer 2021.
- Enhance your skills in partner relations, email marketing, capacity building and project management.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Professional development opportunities, including resume reviews and virtual coffee chats with AsylumConnect staff and volunteers.
- Interns will also have the opportunity to receive a letter of reference from AsylumConnect upon successful completion of the internship.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.