We’re looking for marketing interns to join our remote team this Fall. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our Director of Marketing & PR to help spread the word about the world’s first tech resource platform designed for those fleeing persecution due to sexual orientation or gender identity. You will help to run our social media accounts and Google Ads account. This is an exciting opportunity to hone your social media marketing skills.
- Work under the supervision of our Director of Marketing & PR.
- Regularly update and monitor AsylumConnect’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. Promptly respond to any comments on our posts.
- Work to grow our following across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Follow news and social media accounts related to LGBTQ+ rights and immigration.
- Actively stay up-to-date on AsylumConnect’s activities and growth.
- Oversee campaigns and make recommendations on how to optimize them.
- Craft engaging copy for ads.
- Present campaigns’ data and performance reports to AsylumConnect staff.
- You are available to work remotely for 8-12 hours per week.
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in marketing or a related field.
- Strong background in communications and digital marketing.
- Previous experience in social media account management (such as Hootsuite).
- You are data-driven, detail-oriented and reliable.
- Hands-on experience with Google Ads preferred.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and immigrant rights.
Schedule & Compensation:
We’re looking for interns to join us for the Spring 2021 semester (Tuesday, January 19 – Friday, April 30, 2021), with a commitment of 8-12 hours per week, Monday – Friday. *Note: This internship is remote and unpaid. Interns may also extend the internship into Summer 2021.
Sample Internship Benefits:
- Professional development: Develop and practice new skills in social media and digital marketing at an innovative nonprofit organization.
- Networking: Receive mentorship from the Director of Marketing & PR and collaborate remotely with other AsylumConnect staff and volunteers.
- Make a difference: Contribute to the development of the the world’s first tech resource platform designed for those fleeing persecution due to sexual orientation or gender identity.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.