At AT&T, we help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. Innovation powers all that we do and as part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passion for technology and connecting the world through top-of-the line communications to transform our company and your career.
As a member of the Sourcing group, you’ll assist in negotiating large strategic deals typically valued in excess of $10M annual spend. You will manage the end-to-end sourcing process for purchase of AT&T products or services by using competitive bidding processes through contract execution. Successful candidates will have experience drafting and negotiating contractual terms and conditions, managing the Request For Proposal (RFP) process and developing strategy with clients. Specific responsibilities involve:
- Staying current on market intelligence to assist in negotiation effectiveness
- Assisting in the establishment and administration of business unit policies, procedures and systems
- Providing interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual obligations and acting when contractual provisions are negatively impacted by the supplier (e.g., termination letters, bankruptcies, breach notifications)
As a successful candidate, you’ll be placed into a Supply Chain Sourcing group on our team that best matches up with your skills, interests, background, education and talents. In this unique and multi-faceted internship program, cross-functional collaboration and teamwork will be essential to succeed.
- Ability to work on complex issues where data analysis requires in-depth evaluations of variable factors
- Experience managing RFP processes and utilizing competitive bid tools (e.g., RFQ, Reverse Auction)
- Financial model development, including present mode of operation (PMO) and future mode of operation (FMO), to determine business cases for deals or comparisons between vendors
- Ability to exercise impartial judgment in selecting methods for obtaining results or evaluating supplier responses to RFXs
- Ability to lead high-impact quality projects (Six Sigma, Lean, TL9000, etc.)
- Transactional law expertise
- Ability to draft and edit contracts as well as understand the legal implications
- Business law experience or education, including coursework in Business Associations or Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Dispute Resolution, Antitrust, Corporate Tax, and Intellectual Property
- Negotiations coursework and a strong ability to influence others as well as negotiate pricing using benchmarking and cost tools
- Effective communication skills and ability to communicate technical subject matter
- Effectiveness at managing external business-partner relationships that have different and varying goals
- Background in the telecommunications or high-technology industries
- Previous experience leading others
What does it take to join our team?
Qualified candidates must be pursuing a J.D., MBA or M.S. degree with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant degree and graduating by Spring 2023. Job assignment locations are in Dallas, TX.
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
Ready to be the future? It starts with you. Apply today!