Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Do you thrive in fast paced, ever changing environments? Do you enjoy working cross functionally and seeking solutions to problems? Audible’s Finance team is a core part of our mission to unleash the power of spoken word, tell great stories and elevate underrepresented voices. As an MBA Intern within the Finance team, you will have a hand in multiple projects over your time with us. Your voice will be heard, as you ask the right questions, develop a point of view that will influence decisions, and transform your passion for data to help drive informed decisions for the company and the customer. We will help you learn and understand the business of powerful spoken word content and develop your finance, accounting and data skills to telling compelling narratives about the state of the business.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with different owners efficiently and effectively.
- Comfort with ambiguity – you can identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instructions and respond comfortably to ad hoc requests or changing priorities.
- Experience or interest in technology or media sectors (audio content is a plus).
- Strong analytical curiosity and a resilient and positive attitude.
As a MBA Finance Intern, you will…
- Assist on projects as needed. Our work spans in-depth analysis around new products and helps Product, Marketing and other teams make decisions in the best interests of the customer.
- Help to assemble monthly P&Ls and understanding the drivers of variance against our forecast.
- Use your own shopping experiences, intellectual curiosity and analytical skills to find key insights for our business partners.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program.
- Expectation of 20 hours per week.
- Excellent research, writing and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and sharp attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-moving technology company and a strong interest in the intersection between technology and media.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, depending on the nature of the work.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.