Audrey Denney is running for Congress because the people of California’s first district need a representative who is effective and will fight for their best interest. She is a leader who works for her community, not for corporate interests and political gamesmanship.
She will fight against the political leaders that stand in the way of what is best for California’s 1st district, regardless of what party they come from. Audrey has proven time and again that she has the passion, the skills, the energy, and the strength of character to do just that.
Audrey spent her childhood on her family’s farm and ranch in Central California. They grew hay and wine grapes and raised beef cattle and draft horses. Her father was a Vietnam veteran and her mother was a leader in their church. Growing up this way instilled in Audrey a strong work ethic and a respect for land and natural resources, which she has carried with her throughout her education and career.
We are utilizing our massive volunteer base to check-in with vulnerable folks through 1-on-1 phone calls. To organize our volunteers we need to reach out to them via text messaging and phone calls, inviting them to join us in this effort. With eleven counties in our district, thousands of volunteers in our database, and tens of thousands to call, we need YOU.
Over the next few months our Remote Organizing Internship program will teach you the following skills:
- Researching and building lists of influence-makers and change-makers
- Managing and controlling Zoom conference meetings, conference calls, and community chat spaces to achieve program goals
- Training others to amplify your work and developing key leadership skills
- Learning industry standard phone banking and text banking software
- Preparing scripts, meeting agendas, reports, and calendars
- Developing essential skills for remote organizing work on this campaign and others and thereby preparing you to work in the political space
You will work with our Field Director and Deputy Field Director who will assign tasks, give feedback and provide other programing such as guest speakers in the political field to interns.
We are accepting applicants one a rolling basis. Interns work 10-12 hours a week from their start date through Election Day, November 3rd.