The Augustinian Volunteers are looking for young adults (21-29 years old) to serve domestically from mid/late-August 2021 to mid/late-June 2022. Volunteers serve in a variety of ways. The following three areas have open positions that need to be filled.
-Education: the volunteer serves in various capacities depending on the service placement. Some of which are the following:
· The volunteer serves as a Paraprofessional, assisting teachers with daily activities, supervising recess, lunch, and nap time. They may also assist with the before-school and after-school programs or extra-curricular activities.
· The volunteer serves as a Substitute Teacher in all subjects, nursery through 8th grade.
· The volunteer serves as a School Aid. They assist the teachers with daily lessons, mentors and tutors children in small groups, and helps with daily teacher duties such as recess supervision and general classroom organization.
· The volunteer serves as the physical education instructor for grades K-8 and computer instructor for grades 6-8. This volunteer runs an after-school homework hour, coach’s junior varsity sports, plans the two-day 8th grade retreat, as well as moderates the Kindness in Community Service Club.
· The volunteer serves as a Teachers Aid and Assistant Religion Coordinator. They assist the lead classroom teacher, monitors recess, and tutors’ students in small groups. The volunteer also assists in preparing students for sacraments and supports the planning of monthly school liturgies.
-Campus Ministry: the volunteer serves in various capacities depending on the service placement. Some of which are the following:
· The volunteer serves as a Campus Ministry/Student Life Assistant, working closely with the full-time campus minister to plan and execute retreats, service projects, liturgies, prayer services and a variety of other faith-based events on campus. They also spend time talking with students, both in formal meetings with the Campus Ministry Council and more casually during lunch and other breaks.
· The volunteer’s primary role is to coordinate the school’s effort to engage the students in service to the wider local community. They organize the seasonal donation drives throughout the year as well as assists in organizing and overseeing the school’s day of service, Mack Gives Back. Additionally, the volunteer works at a community resource center in Lawrence, Hands to Help, to assist in the various programs that run out of that office, mainly the after-school tutoring program for local elementary and middle school students.
· The volunteer serves in the campus ministry office with the Director of Campus Ministry and the Director of Christian Service. They assist in several capacities including retreat planning, service trips, administrative work and a variety of other responsibilities.
-Nursing: the volunteer(s) serve at St. Vincent de Paul Family Health Center. Here is more information about the greater organization the clinic is a part of and in what capacity the volunteer(s) serves:
· Father Joe’s Village is the cornerstone of San Diego’s fight to prevent and end homelessness one life at a time. It is the largest provider of homeless services in the San Diego area. The Village Health Center is a licensed Federally Qualified Health Center embedded in the village as an integral part of the one-stop center to address all of the rehabilitative needs of those who are homeless. At the health center, they offer medical, dental, psychiatric, mental health and substance abuse services to those experiencing homelessness whether they are staying in a shelter or living on the streets.
· The volunteer(s) serves as a Registered Nurse in the health center, triaging patients, providing direct care to patients during nursing visits, assisting providers and dispensing medicine. There may also be opportunities to collaborate with social services in the village, partner with other providers of health services in the area and work on health center outreach efforts.
-living expenses paid for
-explore a new city
-and so much more!
*Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or check out our website at www.augustinianvolunteers.org