Interns are assigned to support a Store Development team within the Store Development department.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a Store Development intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day Store Development operations within a Fortune 300 organization. The Store Development intern will gain exposure in many different areas of store design and architecture, engineering, construction and facilities management. Through interning with our Store Development teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
· Support project management and construction of retail store remodels
· Support design and installation of HVAC replacement projects for retail stores
· Perform quality assurance reviews of drawings and designs
· Identify and summarize life cycle cost savings ideas.
· Perform market analysis and project feasibility
· Provide mapping and analytical services to support planning activities, develop new datasets, conduct independent research, prepare population and land use forecasts
· Analyze site content and draw conclusions about development trends
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021