Title: After School Teaching Associate
Location: New York, NY
Role Type: Part Time
WHO ARE WE
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Beijing, Avenues London, Avenues Doha. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School is seeking a part-time staff member to join our team of diverse and motivated leaders and educators in our Private Care program for students in nursery through grade five. The successful candidate is a highly reliable and enthusiastic child care professional. This role requires meaningful and engaging supervision in congruence with the management of COVID-19 safety protocols. This role requires strong classroom management skills and adherence to optimal sanitation and student hygiene policies; immense flexibility is required in completion of day to day responsibilities. Candidates should have experience working with children and families, in settings including but not limited to camps, youth groups, classrooms. The ability to maintain order during a busy program, multitask and problem-solve is an integral part of this position.
Private Care offers care beyond the regular school day with the highest degree of health and safety in mind. During Private Care, students will have a healthy snack upon arrival and the opportunity to engage in various games and activities or homework under the supervision of our Private Care teachers.
A successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following ways:
Day to Day Program Functions:
- COVID Practices and Protocol including:
- Sanitize surfaces and objects after staff/student usage
- Ensure students are wearing masks indoors
- Ensure students are properly socially distanced and are not mixing with other classrooms
- Facilitate play-based lessons that engage all learners in meaningful enrichment programming after school.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Implement classroom management that reflects and corresponds with Responsive Classroom techniques.
- Build rapport by responding to the individual needs of children and establishing a stable and consistent relationship with each child and their families/caregivers.
- Keep a neat/organized classroom space and keep materials organized
- Collaborate daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Use platforms such as Slack to communicate with fellow Private Care colleagues and the admin team
- Track attendance
- Escalate all pertinent student information to the admin team.
- Become familiar with daytime teachers and staff to ensure a seamless transition from school to Private Care.
- Bachelor’s degree encouraged
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively or independently
- Previous experience in child care settings, preferably K-12
- Efficient multi-tasker
- Sensitivity to and awareness of cultural differences
- Self-starter with ideas, creativity and enthusiasm
- Comfortable with technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Zoom, Outlook etc.)
Apply through this https://grnh.se/3240ee231us. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues New York would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.