If you want to learn how to develop the most reliable, robust, error-free systems, then Avidyne is the place to work. Our quest to make the safest aviation related products, coupled with the rigorous demands of FAA mandated processes, means you will learn what it means to make software that is as close to error-free as possible.
Our systems consist of multiple processors, running numerous object-oriented applications on top of real-time operating systems.
You will work under the guidance of Senior Software Engineers in the development of our Integrated Flight Displays (IFD’s), flight controls, and surveillance products. Preference will be given to candidates local to Concord, MA area. Remote work is possible.
- Perform design of software modules.
- Work on the enhancement of our suite of iPad apps.
- Work on extending our simulation capabilities.
- Help with our development of real-time processes and operating systems.
- Develop tools to automate software development activities.
- Develop software requirements for our systems.
- Conduct software tests as required.
- Assist in the development of software and unit tests.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal and written communication (including technical documentation).
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about solving problems.
- Adaptable and flexible with moving deadlines, requirements, and changing focus.
- Able to build relationships with internal and external customers, teams, and stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
- At least 2nd year completed BS in CS, ECE, or CE.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above.
- C++, Python, VB, or .NET software development experience.
- Experience using source control system(s).
Other Desirable Experience:
- Avionics or aviation background or interest.
- Previous co-op or internships in a related field.