Open to engineering students with a focus in Systems Engineering who are ready to learn practical skills and gain real world experience. Come learn to develop system architectures, evaluate system safety, manage project requirements, and guide projects through the development process, under the direction of Senior Engineering staff.
We are looking for candidates with a strong foundation in Systems, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and a desire to build on that foundation with practical applications in the context of certified avionics equipment. No previous experience is necessary, but please share any of your fun or interesting relevant projects. The hours for this position are flexible, may be full-time or part-time, and can be set around your course schedule as necessary.
- Define electrical hardware interfaces between various avionics systems.
- Define and capture system features, functions, and user interfaces.
- Evaluate system failure modes, reliability, and overall safety.
- Develop and capture system, hardware, and software requirements.
- Manage projects through the development process (hardware and software).
- Write test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Execute validation tests as required.
- Develop tools to automate testing of our avionics systems.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal and written communication (including technical documentation).
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about solving problems.
- Adaptable and flexible with moving deadlines, requirements, and changing focus.
- Able to build relationships with internal and external customers, teams, and stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
- At least 2nd year completed BS in EE, CE, ME, or ASE or enrollment in a MS SE program.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above.
Other Desirable Experience:
- Avionics or aviation background or interest.
- Programming experience (i.e., C++, Visual Basic, MatLab).
- DO-160, DO-254, DO-178 knowledge preferred.