Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals. With 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries we are shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally-recognized brands, including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar, connect people to more — more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
We also connect our interns to more: opportunities, support, collaboration, exposure, and most importantly—power to contribute to your functional track and do work that actually has an impact on our Fortune 500 company.
We’re hiring for an Accounting Internship where you will work on major projects that will truly transform our future in collaboration with our senior leadership team and key executive stakeholders.
Assist in the monthly Concessions process. Analyzes, reconciles, and adjusts various balance sheet accounts. Prepares monthly journal entries during the month end close. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete annual schedules of concessionable revenue for airport year end requirements.
- Maintain monthly reconciliation of various account reconciliations through generating and comparing output from the Oracle Accounts Payable and ledger system, identifying and researching reconciling items.
- Assist with gathering data required for external airport auditors.
- During the monthly closing process, Record various journal entries in Oracle general ledger.
- Analyze and reconcile account statements relating to landlord financial discrepancies.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Active enrollment at college/university- Ideally with an Accounting major.
- Completed at least one year of coursework
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Accounting, or other related business field.
- Intermediate skills in Excel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management, planning, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel is a must).
- Detail Oriented.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.