Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
But we also connect our interns to more: opportunities, support, collaboration, exposure, and most importantly—power to contribute to your functional track and do work that actually has an impact on our Fortune 500 company. Join us in our global world headquarters to learn the ins and outs of your department, and work on major projects that will truly transform our future. Meet with our senior leadership team and key executive stakeholders and team-build with your peers to build your professional network. Take on special project work to help us innovate while increasing your own career potential and continuing your professional development. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
What you’ll do:
· Applying their knowledge of statistics, business analytics and/or data science to support specific business initiatives involving analytics projects analyzing various aspects of a global mobility organization.
· Interacting directly with data scientists and business stakeholders to properly categorize business information and perform data profiling.
· Working with data science tools and teams on real world operational issues
What we’re looking for:
- A detail oriented student with solid business communication skills preparing to work in a fast paced corporate environment possessing a good working knowledge of probability and statistics and/or business analytics and/or data science.
- Ability to work 35 hours a week
- Active enrollment at college/university in a graduate program with a concentration in Data Analytics, Data Science, Applied Math, Business Analytics or similar fields of study
Skills you should bring to the table:
- Completed coursework in probability and statistics, business analytics, data science, data engineering
- Interest in exploring the various aspects of data science
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Advanced MS Excel and intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
Perks you’ll get:
· Access to office facilities: café, nurse, health and wellness amenities including fitness center and on-site massages
· Opportunity to extend internship or transition to a full time opportunity, depending on availability and performance
Avis Budget is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.