Avis Budget Group Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
Avis, a Fortune 500, $5.4B global company is seeking a skilled Financial Analyst to join our dynamic team. Our globally recognized brands – Avis, Budget, Zipcar, and others- are shaping the future of mobility with innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our global reach and strong data-based market intelligence position us well as a leading provider of mobility options, with more than 70 years of mobility experience and 11,000 locations. At Avis Budget Group, we believe mobility as a service should be completely connected, integrated, and on-demand for our customers and other businesses, connecting people to more.
The impact you’ll make:
This important hire is a key member of ABG’s Finance team. As such, it requires someone with demonstrated success in owning and executing projects independently, and collaboratively. You will leverage your strong skills in data analysis, financial reporting, modeling and forecasting (revenue, et.al.) in support of strategic decisions to help drive profit improvement. You will summarizes financial and operational data and will help business leaders, including Senior Executives and C-Suite, understand their results and the drivers of results, while furthering business objectives. Additionally, you will monitor and analyze business trends to develop forecasts to provide financial summary data to the operations team, aiding in critical decision-making processes and advising on ways to optimize delivery on key performance indicators. Initiative is highly valued.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and analyze monthly and periodic forecasts, annual business plans, and financial strategic planning initiatives.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of results, drivers and report variances versus prior year, current forecast, and business plan to senior management.
- Models various P&L line items related to the organization’s business operations.
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis and provide financial support to business partners in various projects.
- Performs various financial calculations, including P&L impact, investment, and other financial and expense performance comparisons.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related business discipline.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in finance, accounting, or similar function. Must have analytical responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Tableau is essential.
- Recent MBA graduate with fewer years of practical experience will be consider.
Skills you should bring to the table:
- Demonstrated ability to query, analyze and summarize data efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to execute projects independently, and to handle ad hoc requests, while effectively prioritizing workflow.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong Microsoft Excel and querying skills.
- Proficiency and experience with Tableau.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Minimal travel is required.
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Contribution to Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.