To work part time providing private, semi-private or group DJ or Music Production instruction to students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
DJ &/or Music Production Instructor
- Deliver instruction in mixing and scratching on turntables using Bach to Rock’s proprietary curriculum and specific methodology
- Deliver instruction in music production using Bach to Rock’s proprietary curriculum and Ableton Live
- Adapt to DJ or Music Production students interested in diverse styles (eg: hip hop, pop, rock, house, oldies etc.)
- Coach DJ students for live performance.
- Provide administrative support, as needed.
- Manage classroom time effectively to balance student needs and attention
- Move, set up, and break down equipment at the school and events
- Assist with moving furniture, equipment and materials
- Perform basic repair of minor school equipment
- Assist with equipment inventory
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of DJ Mixing, Scratching, or Music Production concepts and be able to communicate those concepts to students effectively
- Must DJ or use Ableton Live at a professional level of competence
- Must be able to receive constructive feedback on teaching techniques and apply the feedback to new teaching situations, and environments
- Must be able to be physically present at B2R for scheduled lessons
- Ability to interact effectively with the public
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, i.e. telephones, photocopiers and computers
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff and management
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Ability to pass a background check
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Teaching certificate and or degree in music is preferred; those who are currently enrolled in a music degree program will also be considered
- Experience in the subject area and or professional musical performance may be substituted for degree or licensure
- Must be proficient in English speaking and writing skills
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Music studio
- Music lesson rooms
- Various music event venues throughout the metro area surrounding the school
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Bach to Rock reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.