Bach To Rock (“B2R”) America’s Music School for students of all ages is currently seeking a Rock Band and Ensemble Coach to work as a part-time employee providing music and performance lessons to students, rock bands, and ensembles. Band Coaches teach small groups of young musicians to collaborate, listen, and work together as a successful band that performs and records. Ability to teach private lessons on an instrument(s) a plus!
Rock Band and Ensemble Coaches at Bach to Rock embrace a philosophy of well-balanced music education to inspire students to perform the music they love in a group of their peers whether at a farmer’s market or on stage at The Fillmore!
- Teach bands and ensembles using B2R curriculum and cover song arrangements
- Guide students in developing their own original music
- Create an encouraging, fun and focused rehearsal atmosphere
- Assist at B2R events
- May repair equipment as needed and able
- Multi-instrumentalists are strongly preferred
- Must demonstrate an understanding of music theory and be able to communicate those concepts to students
- Effective time management and organizational skills to keep a group of students on task in a productive rehearsal
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
- Experienced performer and band leader/member
- Experience working with young and beginning musicians
- Ability to interact effectively with both children and adults
- Ability to pass a background check
Bach to Rock offers the opportunity to work a flexible part-time schedule in a fun environment with other like-minded musicians. We handle the marketing, scheduling, booking, billing and other business aspects of the lessons & group classes so that you can focus on teaching.
B2R offers an hourly rate that is based on education, experience, expertise, and availability. We offer a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match to all eligible regular employees.
This Bach to Rock is locally owned and operated by:
Music Makers Holdings LLC, which is a subsidiary of Cambridge Information Group (“CIG”) www.CIG.com. CIG specializes in the development of educational programs and scholarly database resources for research and academic communities.
Music Makers Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.