BAE Systems is not your traditional company, because we do not do traditional things. From powering the Mars Rover to reducing aircraft emissions to zero, this is where the world’s biggest challenges go to be conquered. Your role? To show the world how we do it.
We are seeking an expert 3D animation artist to add to our in-house creative video production team. Your job is to conceptualize and visualize complex subjects in aerospace, defense, green energy, artificial intelligence and machine learning in dynamic and exciting new ways. We expect the qualified candidate to regularly draw inspiration from modern videogames, movies, TV shows and literature to illustrate how BAE Systems is a global leader in technology disruption.
The ideal artist will be instrumental in demonstrating how our products and capabilities provide game-changing advantages to our customers. In collaboration with other talented artists as well as the industry’s brightest engineers and scientists, the 3D Animator will produce award-winning video content for trade shows, social media commercials and immersive marketing campaigns. A desire to explore the untapped potential of virtual production, VR and Augmented Reality is one of the prerequisites of the candidate we seek.
The preferred applicant must have a robust and deep understanding of composition, design theory and animation principles. Experience preforming essential tasks such as modeling, texturing and sculpting 3D assets will be a key requirement. Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a must, along with a strong understanding of core Creative Cloud apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere. On the 3D side, use the tool of your choice — 3DS Max, Cinema 4D or Maya –to bring science-fiction to reality.
Critical Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide visual direction of each individual assignment from the conceptual stage (storyboarding, mood boards) through approval cycle of final masters
- Routinely connect with key partners across Communications teams to ensure mutual understanding of project objectives
- Produce stunning animations for inclusion in both standalone long-format vignettes as well as smaller episodic content
- Consistently promote innovative ideas and stylistic designs to help solve challenging customer requests – we value proactive and thoughtful input
- Modify existing model geometry and texture maps, as well as create your own based off reference materials
- Diligently work to maintain an organized asset management system
- Aiding in training or skill-building of animation abilities for fellow team member
- Continue education, learning and implementation of future technologies in VFX, Virtual Production and immersive experiences