*All applicants must apply through our external careers site*
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
As a co-op you will participate in our nationwide Internship & Co-Op Program, LEAP, where you will have the opportunity to Learn, Engage, Apply, and Progress within the company. You will also have access to additional benefits such as, networking with BAE Systems employees and other students, participating in exciting real world projects, joining exclusive informational sessions with senior leaders, and expanding mentorship opportunities and career development.
BAE Systems, one of the world’s leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Chemical Engineering Co-op Student for our chemical manufacturing facilities at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN. In this position, you will be supporting the Ordnance Systems (OSI) Business at our Kingsport, TN facility. This position will be full time (40 hours / week) onsite at our Kingsport facility beginning in August 2022 -through August 2023. Relocation will be offered, but housing is not provided.
As a Chemical Engineering Co-op, you will:
- Participate in an eight month assignment beginning January 2022 that will rotate within the facility through two different areas (Explosives Manufacturing, Acids Manufacturing, and Design / Project Engineering are options)
- Work as part of the manufacturing team and receive projects during each semester designed to give increasing levels of responsibility and exposure to the facility
Required Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Must be currently enrolled in bachelors degree program or higher level of education in Chemical Engineering or related fields
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Completion of the first semester of junior or senior year at the time of start of co-op term
- Experience with AFT Arrow
- Experience with Microsoft, Word, Exce