*All applicants must apply through our external careers site*
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
BAE Systems, one of the world’s leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring an Electrical Engineering Co-op Student for our chemical manufacturing facilities at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN. Relocation may be offered but housing is not provided.
As a co-op you will participate in our nationwide Internship & Co-Op Program, LEAP, where you will have the opportunity to Learn, Engage, Apply, and Progress within the company. You will also have access to additional benefits such as, networking with BAE Systems employees and other students, participating in exciting real world projects, joining exclusive informational sessions with senior leaders, and expanding mentorship opportunities and career development.
As a LEAP Electrical Engineering Co-Op, you will:
- Participate in three consecutive semesters (spring, summer, fall) starting in January 2022
- Work as a part of the Engineering Projects team and receive projects during each semester designed to give increasing levels of responsibility and exposure to the facility and the electrical engineering discipline
- Rotate through responsibilities regarding Control Systems Engineering, where you will create programs using Siemens and Rockwell PLCs
- Rotate through responsibilities regarding Power Engineering, where you will work on power distribution systems ranging from 13.8kV to 480V
- Rotate through responsibilities regarding Instrument Engineering, where you will be exposed to instrumenting chemical processes to measure flow, temperature, density, and pressure
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have completed a minimum of one year of Electrical Engineering college coursework
- Must have be currently pursuing an undergraduate degree with Electrical Engineering as a declared major
- Must be able to participate in a 12 month long co-op opportunity
- Must be able to report to work onsite daily onsite at our Kingsport, TN facility
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Will have completed at least two years of college coursework in Electrical Engineering by the start of the co-op (junior or senior status)