BAE Systems is looking for a Software Engineering Student with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team seeks engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GPS receivers for military airborne, ground, and weapons applications. This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to develop our Modernized GPS receiver products.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments may include tasks such as designing and writing GPS receiver source code, developing software tools, supporting field demonstration efforts, providing customer support, and mentoring other engineers. The successful applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools as well as proficient in the development of embedded hardware/software applications.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Applicants must be currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) degree.
- Scheduled to graduate college as part of the Class of 2023
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance required.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
An ideal candidate is enrolled in a Computer Engineering or Computer Science type degree.