*All applicants must apply through our external careers site*
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
As an intern you will participate in our nationwide Internship & Co-Op Program, LEAP, where you will have the opportunity to Learn, Engage, Apply, and Progress within the company. You will also have access to additional benefits such as, networking with BAE Systems employees and other students, participating in exciting real world projects, joining exclusive informational sessions with senior leaders, and expanding mentorship opportunities and career development.
BAE Systems, one of the world’s largest defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring an Engineering Co-op Student for our explosives manufacturing facility in Kingsport, TN. The Holston Army Ammunition Plant has provided high quality explosives for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
In this position, you will be supporting the Ordnance Systems (OSI) Business at our Kingsport facility. This position will be a year round opportunity starting in January 2022 onsite at our Kingsport facility. Relocation may be offered but housing is not provided.
As an Engineering Co-op, you will:
- Participate in a year round opportunity to work as part of the facility team and receive projects during each semester designed to give increasing levels of responsibility and exposure to the facility
- Assist with maintenance, process, utilities, waste water treatment, or research & development work around the plant as needed
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to assist with resolving potential or current issues around the plant
- Develop stronger engineering skills through various job assignments
Required Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- Student must have already declared an Engineering Discipline (preferably mechanical, chemical) as their major
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Two semesters completed of Mechanical or Chemical Engineering courses