How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
As an intern you will participate in our nationwide Internship & Co-Op Program, LEAP, where you will have the opportunity to Learn, Engage, Apply, and Progress within the company. You will also have access to additional benefits such as networking with BAE Systems’ employees and other students, participating in exciting real-world projects, joining exclusive informational sessions with senior leaders, and expanding mentorship opportunities and career development.
Building combat vehicles to protect women and men in uniform is an opportunity not many are given. If you’re passionate about our military, BAE Systems’ program management internship is the opportunity for you. In this position, you will be supporting the Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business at our York, PA facility. Due to Covid-19, this position is expected to be remote for the foreseeable future but may return on-site at some point. Relocation will not be offered, housing is not provided.
As a Program Management Intern, you will:
- Be responsible for your own sub-project directly supporting and enhancing the program’s performance
- Assist with organizing, planning, developing, and completing program objectives aligned with specified performance goals
- Assist with the tracking of project and program progress to financial, schedule, technical and/or business performance objectives
- Support efforts across multiple product life cycle stages from development, manufacturing, and sustainment
- Support activities across the entire project life cycle from initiations, planning, execution and closeout
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- This position will support several program functions for the business in York, Pennsylvania
Required Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Business, Program Management, or related field of study
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft suite of office products (Word, Excel, Outlook (e-mail), PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good problem solving skills and well organized
- Skilled at preparing briefings in PowerPoint and using Excel to analyze data related to business and operations
- Comfortable in front of a group and able to explain data and information
- Capable of working remotely (away from the office due to COVID-19 restriction)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills :
- Work experience in a product development and/or manufacturing enterprise environment
- Previous experience in project management
- Experience with MS Project and Power BI
- Capability and experience with various programming language such as MS Visual Basic, C++, Sequel, etc.