The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern – Cost Estimating & Pricing
Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions within the Finance department.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. New business opportunities will involve various contract types ranging from Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Materials.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Data collection and analysis of pricing.
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop, populate and check Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in the collection of historical data, analysis and correlation for BOE development.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external RFP requirements.
- Review and provide historical data in support of BOE development.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, the Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Progress toward a Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction and prioritize.
- Excellent Math/analytical background.
- Solid communication skills, i.e., oral/written.
- Strong grasp and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to sort through data and provide analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 – $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.