The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern – Financial Planning & Analysis
What You’ll Do:
- Support financial planning and growth within the engineering organization, focusing on capital investments.
- Assist in evaluating cost estimates for capital projects ($5K – $1M+).
- Monitor capital projects and meet with project managers to ensure timely capitalization and spending to plan.
- Establish knowledge of capital policies and procedures such as capital value versus overhead expenses per U.S. GAAP, Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Support 2022-2024 operating/strategic plan process.
- Monitor and support cash flow and depreciation forecasts.
- Assist in other areas of FP&A as needed.
- Access and retrieve data from various systems and reporting tools.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Junior or Senior preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the following areas: finance, accounting, business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling.
- Excel knowledge.
- Ability to prepare and present financial analysis to employees at all levels.
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Work is performed in an office and/or work-from-home environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 – $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.