The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern – Project Controls
Support the Project Controls functions on aerospace programs. Tasks are performed under the general direction of senior Project Controls staff, program managers and functional manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate financial reporting packages.
- Support program planning, baseline estimating and analysis, performance reporting and estimate at complete analysis.
- Input earned value data and support the generation of earned value reports.
- Organize cost data for monthly/quarterly program reviews.
- Monitor funding plans and calculate funds remaining on programs.
- Use pricing tool to price ETC/EAC estimates from program staff input.
- Use pricing tool to price proposal estimates.
- Attend presentations and group discussions at internal and external financial meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic knowledge of business principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting, coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion.
- A positive attitude and willingness to take initiative.
- Basic MS Excel skills, along with other MS Office Products.
- Work is performed in an office and/or work-from-home environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 – $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.