The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern – Strategic Intelligence
What You’ll Do:
- Develop perspectives on strategic markets, competitors, or business opportunities.
- Create data sets or scenarios that support new insights and strategic planning.
- Create and update detailed competitor profiles.
- Explore market and technology trends and articulate impact to Ball’s existing or future lines of business.
- Support the development of internal information resources to enable responsive competitive intelligence.
- Visualize qualitative and quantitative information clearly to support productive analysis and discussions.
- Use open sources to gather external information and engage internal experts to understand Ball’s capabilities, needs, and priorities.
- Make formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing.
- Ensure a collaborative and integrated approach to engaging internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge and approach to problem solving.
- Ability to frame multifaceted problems with incomplete information and delineate key research questions.
- Strong critical reading and analytical writing skills.
- Ability to recognize and communicate analytical assumptions, uncertainties, or biases that can influence thinking and results.
- Demonstrated ability to understand new concepts, tools, or technical content with limited guidance.
- Ability to organize and interpret various kinds of data, including financials and technical performance specifications.
- Desire to learn about aerospace technologies and systems and develop sufficient technical understanding to identify important details and uncover practical insights.
- Ability to leverage information sharing and knowledge management tools (SharePoint, PowerBI, MS Access, MS Teams, Excel).
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 – $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.