The Human Resources Strategic Support Unit develops, retains, rewards and attracts talent needed for the business to attain strategic and operational goals.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Intern – Talent Acquisition
The Talent Acquisition Intern will be a critical member of our team by partnering with TA colleagues (Talent Advisors/Recruiters/Sourcers) in the pursuit of talent and through research and implementation of industry best practices that will allow Ball Aerospace to identify, attract, evaluate, and hire top talent and achieve our mission to Go Beyond®.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition team to understand end-to-end recruitment process and make recommendations on how to streamline with a focus on speed, quality, and diversity.
- Evaluate industry best practices around “candidate handoff” from sourcing to recruitment functions to ensure positive candidate experiences, implementing tracking to measure EVA.
- Research new technology and recruiting software that allows TA team to meet and exceed D&I recruitment initiatives for 2021 and beyond.
- Assist the Intern Programs team with execution of the GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship operations and program events.
- Attend Talent Acquisition staff meetings and participate in training opportunities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Undergraduate or graduate coursework in Business, Management, Human Resources, Communication, or a related field with a desire to work in that field post-graduation preferred.
- Prior internship and/or work experience in the field of HR or Talent Acquisition preferred.
- Prior internship and/or work experience in the Aerospace & Defense / DoD Industry preferred.
- Experience with internet research applications to include use of LinkedIn preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and follow all applicable employment laws, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to document processes and develop checklists of processes.
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the US.
- Work is performed in an office and/or work-from-home environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 – $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.