The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
We’re committed to building a more diverse and representative Ball Aerospace. The GO BEYOND® Diversity Internship is a paid fall internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in degree-seeking programs and interested in working in the Aerospace industry. Students from any university who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and women/gender minorities, are encouraged to apply.
Technical Intern – Software Engineer
What You’ll Do:
- Research, design, develop, test, and integrate software algorithms and tools for remote sensing and data processing systems.
- Follow Agile software development practices using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Present your design and code to peers in a structured peer review.
- Participate in Cloud-based projects using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Work in an office lab environment to test, debug, operate, or demonstrate the system you develop.
- Contribute in a team environment assisting full-time software engineers and interfacing with other engineering disciplines.
- At the conclusion of your internship, prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
- Build upon university acquired knowledge to solve real-world engineering problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking programs. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar engineering program with a focus on Software.
- Enrolled/Attending a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Effective communication and team skills.
- Have taken at least 1 software specific class with a lab or long-term project.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Agile Software Development methodologies
- Object oriented design
- Software engineering tools and methods
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 – $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.