Batta Laboratories, a Delaware based environmental testing firm, is seeking a Part-time Sample Preparation / Laboratory Support Technician to join our laboratory team in Delaware. Our goal is to hire an individual who is extremely motivated, competent, and professional about performing required tasks. Candidates must be willing to work in a flexible and supportive environment. BATTA offers competitive rates, an outstanding learning environment, and opportunities for professional growth.
This Sample Preparation / Laboratory Support Technician position involves the careful receipt and administration of incoming samples and sample preparation of environmental samples using published methodologies as well as administrative assistance such as sending reports to clients. The role requires well-developed organizational and communication skills to deal directly with all levels of the organization and BATTA clientele.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Preparation of environmental samples prior to analysis for:
- Exhibit and promote Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Assist in the organization, maintenance and inventory of laboratory supplies
- Receive and log-in environmental samples / data entry of Chain of Custody and analytical data into the LIMS system
- Inspect samples to ensure samples integrity is retained and that the packaging is not compromised
- Ensure all samples are placed in proper storage area to await analysis
- Ensure all samples are placed in proper storage area following analysis
- Assist Laboratory Administrator with customer service client questions via phone and e-mail as needed
- Cleaning and maintenance of lab equipment (training provided in-house).
Qualifications and Skills
Laboratory experience preferred but training will be provided. College students are encouraged to apply!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract