The Summer Internship Program offers students work experience and professional guidance in several areas of the organization. Interns contribute to projects that support departmental work, develop new skills, and gain insight into their career interests. Interns will have the opportunity to explore behind the scenes of Battery Park City Authority’s innovative vision and design, complex public space management, leadership in sustainable practices, and commitment to outstanding public resources.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Diversity the chosen individual would help with SOP’s and audit work required to ensure that BPCA’s MWBE and SDVOB goals are met and that our system accurately reflects our progress.
The Diversity department intern will perform the following tasks:
· Assist with SOPs and audit work required to ensure that the organization’s MWBE and SDVOB goals are met and that our system reflects our progress
· Pulling financial reports and compiling data
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
· Junior or Senior year student from a four year accredited institution of higher learning (able to provide a writing sample and recommendations from faculty or members of their community familiar with their work)
· Strong attention to detail and advanced knowledge of governmental operations
· Excellent organizational skills
· Confident verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work with confidential information
· Reliable and punctual
· Strong interest in learning on the job with the ability to work well both independently and with others