The Summer Internship Program offers students work experience and professional guidance in several areas of the organization. Interns contribute to projects that support departmental work, develop new skills, and gain insight into their career interests. Interns will have the opportunity to explore behind the scenes of Battery Park City Authority’s innovative vision and design, complex public space management, leadership in sustainable practices, and commitment to outstanding public resources.
The Finance department intern will assist in researching, tracking and enhancing accounts receivable data. Accounts receivables tasks includes creating and updating master schedules and database for the buildings in Battery Park City.
- Gain an understanding of invoices and revenue from residential and commercial buildings
- Create, update, analyze and graph:
- Monthly and historical revenue reports
- Periodic delinquency report
- Periodic interest rate reports.
- Read, research and extract information from lease documents to create and update master tracking schedules, and special projects
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student majoring in or interested in Accounting/Finance
- Possess strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have a strong interest in learning on the job
- Work well both independently and with others
- Have access to reliable internet access for hybrid work situations