At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Packaging Engineer Co-Op, are to:
- Assume supporting role for pipeline innovations, business protection and maintenance, and design renovations;
- Develop support of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging on time, in full delivery of assigned project tasks;
- Be an effective technical transfer of information to the factory / CMO;
- Serve as a contributor to cross-functional project teams and the change management process via coordinating the review and approval of component drawings / specifications, component testing/qualification, line trials of new components, overseeing package testing, develop bill of materials, and third party process qualifications;
- Facilitate the resolution of problems during the development process to meet customer’s needs;
- Effectively utilize key processes and tools (i.e. PLM, Barcode verification) and activities required in the package development process;
- Partner with internal and external customers to efficiently deliver vs. project objectives;
- Efficiently integrate Package Engineering project tasks with BCH U.S. Packaging Operations services processes such as change management and label control as appropriate to ensure timely delivery vs. objectives;
- Collect and analyze packaging component and sustainably data.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Packaging Engineering or related technical discipline;
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently on multiple projects under tight timelines;
- Interest in Packaging Services processes such as product life cycle, packaging design, and change management;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office;
- Dealing with ambiguity, Collaborate, Problem solving, Drive for results, Self-development;
- Communication skills, Project planning, Packaging manufacturing principles, Courage;
- Must be available to work a full 40 hour work week in one of our two co-op sessions: January 10, 2022-June 10, 2022 OR June 13, 2022-December 2, 2022.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Division: Consumer Health
Reference Code: 484041