Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Procurement Masters Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Masters Procurement Intern, are to:
- Provide project support and/or leadership on real procurement projects across Bayer’s organization;
- Work in project areas such as Marketing, Logistics and Warehousing, Direct Materials, Contract Manufacturing, Professional Services and more;
- Participate in weekly debrief meetings with your 2022 Intern class and Bayer’s Lead for the Intern program;
- Business travels to support project work;
- Drive decisison making through analysis;
- Interact with stakeholdrs during supplier meetings;
- Collaborate on group projects;
- Develope procurement centric solutions by utilizing problem solving skills;
- Drive projects forward thorugh project management;
- Learn about Procurement at Bayer, including Sourcing, Purchasing, Systems and Processes;
- Improve self via valuable coaching and feedback received during the internship;
- Use Bayer procurement centric and business relevant training;
- Prepare and Deliver two presentations to procurement employees and leaders, first one is a presentation about you and is delivered at the beginning of the program, second one is an internship summary presentation delivered at end of the program;
- Record and post 1-2 min videos for an internship blog that shares your project experience and learnings with the broader organization;
- Conduct informal informational interviews to learn about Bayer and expand your network.
This position is available in both our St. Louis, MO and Whippany, NJ office.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current first year Master’s student;
- Independent worker with a passion to grow and develop;
- Interest in Procurement as a potential career of choice;
- Ability to travel one to four times over the summer.
- Knowledge of General Procurement Processes and Procedures;
- Work experience in the form of prior internships or fulltime employment in Procurement;
- Project Management and Change Management experience;
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Marketing or a Business-related field of study;
- GPA of 3.0 within your major.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Division: Enabling Functions
Reference Code: 448342