Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
PV Data Analyst Co-Op Spring 2022
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, PV Data Analyst Co-Op, are to:
- Conduct analyses to generate benefit/risk insights based on the global Pharmacovigilance database and other sources of Adverse Event information;
- Develop data analysis and Machine Learning strategies to generate outputs for pharmacovigilance purposes;
- Generate data and analyses by creating visualizations in the form of graphics and tables, overviews and summaries, based on selection criteria;
- Format and edit data in line with the required conditions (sorting, filtering and flagging);
- Generate descriptive statistics, trend analysis, outliers and correlations and provide a preliminary assessment of relevant data;
- Use text mining and Natural Language Processing methods to retrieve information from unstructured data;
- Ensure principles to guide the appropriate and ethical collection and use of data, securing the scientific integrity of the analyses it generates as well as complying with all applicable data privacy regulations.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (Junior or Senior standing as of Jan 2022) or Master’s degree program emphasizing Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field;
- Experience with big and complex data environment (structured and unstructured data sources), using advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms;
- Experience and confidence in working with databases and data analysis tools (Spotfire, Excel);
- Good understanding of retrieval processes and knowledge of database query language for generating outputs (SQL);
- Hands on experience with programming languages such as Python, R, etc.;
- Ability to analyze problems and contribute to developing solutions for these;
- Good communication and presentation skills for organized information exchange on specific topics;
- Project management skills;
- Very good written and spoken knowledge of English.
- Must have availability from Jan 2022 – Jun 2022 for this Co-Op role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Reference Code: 445097