Beaver Country Day School—an independent day school located just outside of Boston, serving grades 6-12—seeks a creative, innovative, and forward-thinking Technology and Finance Assistant. This is a part time (roughly 24 hours / week), year-round position that will provide support to the Director of Technology (DoT) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), with the potential for becoming full time in the future.
About Our School & Our People:
We are not your typical independent school. Education is not traditionally seen as forward-thinking. But that’s not the case at Beaver. We welcome change and seek feedback to continuously improve. Our “Launch, Test, Refine” mindset promotes flexibility, risk-taking, open-mindedness, and innovation. Our business is providing a future-focused education rooted in real world context and experience and our clients are our students.
About the Position:
Candidate requirements & responsibilities
Technology and Finance Assistant will:
- Manage the schedule for the DoT.
- Process credit card purchases for the DoT & CFO.
- Input financial data into FENXT, Power BI, and survey platforms.
- Handle IT purchasing, including placing orders and managing invoices.
- Manage IT equipment inventory and prepare reports on equipment purchasing to forecast budget, predict replacement cycles, etc.
- Maintain reports of lost/stolen equipment and coordinate equipment repairs
- Review calendars, work orders, and room reservations to identify upcoming events that might require IT support.
- Coordinate scheduling of various IT projects including work with outside vendors and internal staff.
- Coordinate after-hours/weekend scheduling of IT staff.
- Schedule IT components of employee onboarding/offboarding, including account creation/removal and equipment distribution/collection.
- Assist with miscellaneous business office projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Eagerness to improve processes and efficiencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and pivot when necessary.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic about working in a school environment with both students (from grades 6-12) and teachers.
Additional things to know
- Breakfast and lunch provided, as well as coffee and snacks.
- Free parking, and close to the green line T