Job Title: Event Coordinator Intern
Location: Rocky River, Ohio, Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19*
Salary Range: Unpaid / For Credit
Travel Required: None
Work Hours: 10-15 hr/week
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter in PDF form stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards, chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach. We only hire individuals who can make and keep their promises.
The Special Events Intern will play a key role in supporting our events and marketing programs. The role will also support the organization by providing assistance with events management, execution, communication, and design for events and promotional materials. The intern will work directly with the Executive Assistant to the CEO and the COO, who oversees the intern program.
This is a remote internship and requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship but offers eligibility for credit through your school.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist with special projects as assigned under the project manager
- Assist in the program development for events and solicit sponsors while creating and coordinating the distribution of promotional materials
- Assist in event planning, scheduling, marketing, inquiries, resourcing, and proposal development for various events and projects
- Update and create PowerPoints for client and donor presentations
- Create a database for special events using Salesforce
- Assist with donor acknowledgment and guest follow-up
The intern will attend weekly staff meetings, regularly scheduled meetings with their supervisor, and bi-weekly meetings with other interns for professional development.
For more information, check out our website at www.becauseisaidiwould.org
*Possibility of in-person interning if location permits