Job Title: Fundraising Intern
Location: Rocky River, Ohio, Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19
Salary Range: Unpaid / For Credit
Travel Required: None
Work Hours: Approximately 15 hr/week
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of
humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards,
chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
The Fundraising Intern will work directly with the Director of Fundraising and Marketing to
support the organization’s fundraising activities. The fundraising intern will assist in several areas of fundraising at because I said I would through in-person and digital platforms. Training will be provided for this internship to understand the role of programming, marketing, and fundraising within the organization.
This internship will require a min of 15 hours per week and is a remote internship. This is an unpaid internship but offers eligibility for credit through your school.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage the Facebook fundraiser program and analyze potential recruitment needs
- Research and implement recruitment means for new fundraisers and potential donors
- Use Salesforce to assist with updating records, setting up phone calls, and networking with high-level donors
- Compose emails for fundraising campaigns in Pardot
- Collaborate with the Director of Fundraising and Marketing to create, build and analyze fundraising reports for the organization.
- Create marketing research document of other nonprofits Facebook programs
The intern will attend staff meetings, attend regularly scheduled meetings with their manager
and have weekly meetings with other interns.