Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: Rocky River, Ohio, Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19
Salary Range: Unpaid / For Credit
Travel Required: None
Work Hours: Approximately 15 hr/week
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of
humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards,
chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist with a wide range of projects related to HR
policies, compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, and employee relations. This position assists with creating HR materials and services, including employee handbooks, procedures, job descriptions, employee satisfaction reports, weekly check-ins with other interns, and daily updating of employee records. The intern will work directly with the COO, who oversees HR and the intern program.
This internship will require a min of 15 hours per week and is a remote internship. This is an unpaid internship but offers eligibility for credit through your school.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide documentation of daily activities provided by the manager for use in future interns/volunteers/staff
- Update internal databases employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Use recruitment strategies to screen resumes, application forms, conduct interviews, and create job postings for qualified candidates
- Optimize and organize company files, paperwork, and application forms for future use
- Assist with preparation of HR-related reports as needed for weekly staff meetings
- Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies, including employee handbooks and updated job descriptions
The intern will attend staff meetings, attend regularly scheduled meetings with their manager
and have biweekly meetings with other interns.
For more information check out our website at www.becauseisaidiwould.org