Job Title: Public Relations Intern
Location: Rocky River, Ohio, Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19
Salary Range: Unpaid / For Credit
Travel Required: None
Work Hours: Approximately 15 hr/week
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of
humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards,
chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
The Public Relations Intern will help expand our organizational reach and increase visibility. This position assists with creating original PR and social media content and services, including news releases, media relations, event management, and managing social media for strategic initiatives. The intern will work directly with the CEO in conjunction with the COO, who will oversee the intern program with additional support and interaction with the Director of Content Development.
This internship will require a min of 15 hours per week and is a remote internship. This is an unpaid internship but offers eligibility for credit through your school.
- Assist in developing, writing, and distributing approved press releases
- Plan and prepare social media posts and videos with regards to viral content strategies
- Connect and contact influencers, YouTube personalities, podcasters, and media news stations to create opportunities to spread awareness of the organization and its mission
- Researching and present a developing social media strategy to the CEO
- Assist with proofing and editing written materials for spelling, grammar, and style.
- Assist with Promise Story collection and distribution
The intern will attend staff meetings, have access to their mentor, attend regularly scheduled
meetings with their manager and have biweekly meetings with other interns.