BECK Media and Marketing (beckmedia.com) partners with leading businesses at the intersection of media and technology to influence audiences, build brands and create value while caring for our employees every step of the way. Our New York office is seeking motivated college students with excellent written and oral communication skills interested in public relations, television, film, and technology for a PAID Winter/Spring Internship.
For our internship, we’re looking for a candidate who is excited to learn. BECK Media’s internship program will introduce students to the business of public relations and marketing communications and offer them an opportunity to be involved and trained in daily account activities for national clients.
Interns will be mentored by project leads on assignments such as building media lists, drafting pitches and press releases, creating clip reports, and brainstorming creative stunts and activations. Our main goal is to ensure you learn and come out of the internship with a better understanding of PR and the media landscape.
We generally require interns to work a minimum of 2-3 full days per week as we’ve found she/he/they get a richer experience. Due to the global pandemic, we are all currently working from home, so this internship will be a remote/work-from-home position.
About the Job:
- General office PR support including: media research, press list compilation, first draft PR documents, briefing docs, etc.
- Media /analysis: Help prepare briefing materials, build target lists, track for coverage
- Actively support BECK Media on various project and administrative duties
- Make an effort to read industry-related publications—trade and consumer—and ask questions
Experience / Skills:
- Self-driven, willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Proactive, takes initiative and is confident about asking questions
- Able to communicate and work effectively with an entirely remote team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great at research, quick learner
- Positive, can-do attitude, go-getter
- Professional and organized
- Sense of humor!
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BECK MEDIA & MARKETING
BECK Media & Marketing provides strategic communications support engineered to achieve business goals. We are a small agency with big ideas. We make those ideas spring to life through energetic account management and meticulous attention to details. BECK Media lives at the intersection of content and technology where we represent television programs, producers, studios and networks; venture-backed startups and technology providers; digital entertainment companies, and other firms on the cutting edge of technology for sports, broadcasting and consumer products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The BECK Media New York office is currently working remotely due to the pandemic, but plans to be back in a physical office when it is safe to do so.
Find us online at www.beckmedia.com
BECK Media & Marketing Values:
- Excellence: Teamwork, proactive, results oriented, creativity, curious, effective communication at every level.
- Empower individuals: Mutual respect, community participation and inclusion. Consistently acts as a positive mentor.
- Integrity: Whole-person development, professional advancement, balance.
- Play, as a team: Open team communication, works positively and effectively to realize shared goals.