Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst as part of the Stores FP&A team. In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving various reports and analyses that evaluate the performance of the stores over many operational areas.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical skills
- Be comfortable working in Excel (advanced level), collecting and organizing large datasets
- Define requirements, identify data source, process a large amount of data efficiently, create reporting, and manage the delivery of a wide range of financial analyses in a dynamic environment.
- Distribute monthly store level P&L reporting that will include Executive Summaries, Top and Bottom Performers, Most Improved, etc.
- Develop monthly exception reporting for various store expenses that will include proposed actions for expense savings/profit improvements
- Create store level stockledger reporting and analyses
- Collaborate with Store Operations Partners to drive additional financial reporting/support to ensure Store P&L success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- 1-3 years of business experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or a relevant business area is required. Prior experience in Retail is a plus.
- Technical Skills: proficient in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Proven financial modeling skills.
- Experience working in Oracle ERP system is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to learn rapidly about the business, retain the information and apply to various analyses.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to multiple tasks, shifting priorities and rapid changes.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Stellar communication skills (oral, written, and numerical). Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivation, passion and extraordinary drive are highly desired.