Believe in Me is a center-based facility that provides ABA therapy, parent/caregiver training, IEP reviews, behavior intervention plans, and occupational and speech therapy.
We serve children with behavioral, social, communication, and cognitive challenges. Our clients are between the ages of 18 months – 12 years old.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Have a positive and energetic personality and able to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
· Have a passion in helping children succeed.
· Be able to handle interaction with parents in a supportive role.
· Knowledge of neurological and musculoskeletal diseases.
· Knowledge of equipment and instruments used in daily activities
· Skill in treating Pediatric Physical Therapy patients
· Skill in prioritizing multiple tasks, such as caseload management, evaluation write ups, and parent communication
· Skill in utilizing a team approach across different therapies and therapist
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
· A Clear/Clean New Jersey Physical Therapy New Jersey Licenses
· A Clear/Clean background and finger printing check
· 1 year of experience working with pediatrics
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and stand, sit on floor, bend, squat for long periods of time.
· Be proficient in verbal and written English communication skills.
All staff must complete the following prior to working with clients:
· Interview, Reference Check, Background Check, CPR training (if not already obtained), Believe in Me’s ABA and Policies and Procedures Training
· Ongoing training, supervision, evaluations of staff competency will be conducted
The following duties are not intended to serves as a comprehensive list of all duties performed in this position. The list below serves as a representation of major duties and responsibilities. Physical Therapist may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform addition, position-specific duties.
· Provide screening, identification, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, intervention, and follow-up services for children with developmental delays, disabilities, and/or physical challenges.
· Educate family members and caregivers on different intervention strategies to facilitate active involvement and carry-over.
· Develop treatment plans that are child and family centered.
· Operate within all state and federal guidelines when creating/completing evaluations and treatment plans and when providing services.
· Collaborate with colleagues and providing feedback on client’s physical functions.
· Carry over all multi-disciplinary strategies.
· Complete session notes and progress reports in a timely manner, meeting all deadlines.
· Keep a consistent schedule with clients, informing co-founders of any changes/cancellations prior to contacting parents/caregivers.
· Coordinate schedule with family, ABA, OT, and speech teams.
· Embrace the Believe in Me mission and philosophy.
· Adhere to all HIPPA regulations.
· Demonstrate sensitivity to cross cultural issues.
· Provide written session notes at the end of each session to parents/caregivers and Believe in Me.
· Communicate with clients, parents, and caregivers regarding client’s progress.
· Maintain a clean and organized work space.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required as a natural course of employment in the company
· Submit an invoice with the corresponding verification forms by the 2nd of each month.