The Master of Science in Biology at Bemidji State reflects the range and depth of biology and broadens students’ horizons through coursework and original scientific research. Our programs cover all areas of biology, from human anatomy and genetics to wetlands ecology and ornithology. Students pursuing a Master of Science in Biology may choose to pursue either the thesis (on-campus) or non-thesis (online) option.
Thesis Option: This program option takes place on campus and provides hands-on learning opportunities in a variety of subfields.
Non-Thesis Option: This program option is online and allows students to complete a full Master of Science degree with a flexibility of location and schedule.
Benefits of Bemidji State Graduate Programs
NO Out-of-State tuition requirements
NO GRE exam requirement
Rolling admission – We admit students every term!
Graduate Assistantships can pay for your degree!
• $20 non-refundable application fee
• Official transcripts of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (International students please submit a NACES approved transcript evaluation)
• Overall undergraduate GPA: 2.75 or higher
• One-page letter of intent stating research interests and future career goals
• Two (2) letters of professional recommendation
• International Students must also provide proof of English proficiency
For more program information, visit the department website: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/academics/departments/biology/about/graduate-program/
To apply to the program, visit: https://eservices.minnstate.edu/adm/public/studentWelcome?campusId=070&appType=grad