Who is Bergen’s Promise?
Bergen’s Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) of Bergen County as part of the New Jersey Children’s System of Care. We are a rapidly growing, mission driven, non-profit social service agency. We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Bergen’s Promise serves youth up to age 21 and their families. The youth we serve are experiencing serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance use challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Wraparound Model of Care leverages the Child and Family Team to build on a family and community’s unique strengths, values, and resources. This evidence informed Wraparound approach sets us apart from other social service agencies. We encourage you to explore our website to get more informed and a feel of who we are as an agency.
Top 5 reasons to join Bergen’s Promise Team:
- You will make a significant difference in the life of a child.
- Professional and personal growth and development are important to you.
- You are adaptable and like being part of a supportive team of colleagues working in a fast paced environment.
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization whose Values align with your own.
- You understand the value of a comprehensive benefit package that supports you through all life stages.
As a Wellness Educator, you will have the opportunity to:
- Guide youth and families through setting and achieving SMART wellness goals based on SAMHSA’s Eight Dimensions of Wellness
- Engage youth and families in tailored health promotion and health education activities
- Maintain regular contact with youth and families via phone and monthly face to face meetings
- Collaborate with members of multi-disciplinary Child and Family Teams utilizing the Wraparound Model of Care
- Empower families to navigate health care coordination activities
- Promote the development of individual and organizational health literacy
- Connect families with community-based resources to support maintenance of healthy lifestyles
- Adhere to all Medicaid regulations, HIPAA standards, and agency documentation requirements
To be considered for this role, you must possess:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in public health, health education OR related field
- CHES® certified, or eligible to sit for examination
- Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish) required
- Maintain a high level of teamwork, leadership, and professionalism
- Culturally competent and responsive
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with energy, creativity, and enthusiasm on assigned teams
- Valid driver’s license is required; MUST maintain required vehicle insurance