Over the course of 15 weeks, you’ll have the opportunity to work with student scientists all across the country to perform high-impact research in the field of biotechnology in small interdisciplinary teams. You will propose innovative ideas with your teammates to develop new biotech products. Earn equity while working in the unique environment of a start-up company!
Duration: Summer – August 25, 2021, to December 17, 2021
Location: Work from home. You must live in the U.S.
Hours: 15 hours per week
Required graduation year
2021 – 2024
* Begin a career in biomedical research
* Gain experience relevant for higher education
* Earn equity in a start-up
* Training is provided
* Flexible work schedule
* Remote work
* Earn college credit according to your university’s requirements
* Chances to work with top experts in the industry
* Obtain a letter of recommendation at the end of the work cycle
**Medical Research Intern Position**
Berkeley Pharma Tech is seeking a part time research college interns to participate in our Spring 2021 Medical Research Bootcamp. Interns will be divided into groups of 4 or 5, and each group will receive a different challenge for the semester (earlier applicants get first choice). They will be working with the team and closely with the director to research and innovate a new medicine that can be used to treat current diseases. If the research is successful, Berkeley Pharma Tech can assist the team in transforming into a startup, where the team members will be at the forefront of innovation and have the chance to work with industry experts. This position is responsible for reviewing the current literature on PubMed, attending relevant webinars, technical writing, and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate for this position has demonstrated commitment to the medical research career path, with an interest in eventually pursuing a Ph.D. in biomedical research, bioengineering, chemistry, or a relevant field. He/She is not content with the status quo within the STEM field, is an ambitious problem solver, and is constantly coming up with innovative ideas. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is critical. This position offers a significant level of responsibility and an opportunity for growth to an ambitious individual seeking to begin a career in biomedical research. Some of the medical challenges this position might be tasked with will include finding a new treatment for diabetes, slowing down cellular degeneration, and more. In addition, leadership opportunities are available for those who have had successful prior experience.
* Conduct research on PubMed and other scholarly databases
* Conduct literature searches and other independent research
* Innovate and brainstorm ideas relevant to the topic
* Assist with coordinating project activity and communicating with the BizDev team
* Assist with preparing project reports, memos, presentations, and proposals
* Perform other duties as assigned
**Minimum Experience and Skills**
* High school degree is required
* Currently enrolled and have good standing in an accredited university and pursuing a BS in Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or a relevant field
* Strong writing skills required
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to initiate and conduct work independently and efficiently
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
* Experience with using statistics or data, technical writing, research, and lab work are a plus.
* Proficiency in online research, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
Vanloan Nguyen, Director, email: email@example.com
William Wong, HR Team Leader, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Huey, HR Intern, email: email@example.com
**About Berkeley Pharma Tech**
Berkeley Pharma Tech is a biotechnology incubator. Established in 2019, our start-up is dedicated to finding the next big scientific ideas upon which innovations are built. We are proud to be a part of the biotechnology ecosystem in Silicon Valley. We aim to guide young scientists and entrepreneurs in the search for novel medical solutions. Our fellows will take part in hands-on projects that result in the spinning out of companies, and ultimately, the creation of innovative medicine and medical devices to improve the quality of life.
Visit our website: www.berkeleypharmatech.com.
You can read more about us on our company internship page, https://www.berkeleypharmatech.com/internships, or follow us on social media–Facebook,https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyPharmaTech, Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/berkeleypharmatech/ and LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/BerkeleyPharmaTech/ to get the latest updates.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Berkeley Pharma Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Berkeley Pharma Tech are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.