**As the Editor-in-Chief of Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine (an online journal)** you assume overall responsibility for determining the journal’s scientific scope and editorial direction. You will serve as the leader of the journal’s editorial team and be responsible for ensuring the quality and quantity of the research articles published in Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine. You will be expected to build a broad network of domestic and international contacts. The Editor-in Chief will also need to develop and foster partnerships with members of the production, marketing, press and advertising teams, and to contribute to the overall publishing strategy of our journal.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and shape Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine, and to be part of the vibrant and growing scientific community.
The position will report to our Founder/Director at Berkeley Pharma Tech.
**Your responsibilities will include:**
• developing and executing an overall strategy for Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine
• managing the journal’s team of editorial interns
• overseeing various aspects of the manuscript handling workflows
• making decisions on manuscripts in collaboration with the editorial team
• developing a strong working relationship with the external advisory editorial board
• developing deep networks within the communities served by the journal
• recruiting exciting papers within the scope of the journal
• managing the article pipeline and front matter for the journal
• collaborating on production workflows, marketing, social media, and website
• Establishing a system for effective and rapid peer review
• Providing guidelines to authors for preparing and submitting manuscripts
• Providing a clear statement of the Journal’s policies on authorship criteria
**The qualified candidate would ideally:**
• be pursuing a Ph.D. in any area of biology with journal relevant subject matter expertise/experience
• demonstrate academic excellence
• have broad interest across the full spectrum of biology
• project and/or people management skills
• strong organizational skills
• excellent written and oral communication skills
• interest in engaging with the scientific community
• previous management experience is beneficial but not required
Duration: August 25, 2021, to August 25, 2022
Location: Work from home. You must live in the U.S.
Hours: 15 hours per week
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic, and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your motivations for being interested in the job. We will consider applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Vanloan Nguyen, Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie Zhou, HR Intern, email: email@example.com
Marc Gonzales, HR Intern, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**About Berkeley Pharma Tech**
Berkeley Pharma tech is a biotechnology incubator. Established in 2019, our start-up is dedicated to finding the next big scientific ideas upon which innovations are built. We are proud to be a part of the biotechnology ecosystem in Silicon Valley. We aim to guide young scientists and entrepreneurs in the search for novel medical solutions. Our fellows will take part in hands-on projects that result in the spinning out of companies, and ultimately, the creation of innovative medicine and medical devices to improve the quality of life.
Visit our website: www.berkeleypharmatech.com.
You can follow us on social media–Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyPharmaTech, Instagram,https://www.instagram.com/berkeleypharmatech/ and LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/BerkeleyPharmaTech/ to get the latest updates.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Berkeley Pharma Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Berkeley Pharma Tech are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.