Interested in app development and biotechnology? Berkeley Pharma Tech is looking for four Game App Development Interns for our Summer 2021 Software Engineering Program.
Duration: Summer, August 25, 2021, to December 17, 2021
Location: Berkeley, CA, or work from home. You must live in the U.S.
Hours: 15 hours per week
Join our growing biotech startup as an app development intern. Help build Berkeley Pharma Tech’s Coronavirus War Game (final name TBD) from a web-based game to an app-based game. Interest and familiarity with existing languages such as JAVA and HTML. Previous experience with developing apps is preferred. Must be a self-starter, able to finish projects in a timely manner, have good communication skills, and a desire to learn.
* Earn equity in a start-up
* Guidance is provided
* Flexible work schedule
* Remote work
* Earn college credit according to your university’s requirements
* Obtain a letter of recommendation at the end of the internship
* Help create a pay-to-win game app
* Playtest and solve any initial bugs and issues
* Implement BPT’s crypto token system into the app
* Design and create simple art with photoshop
* Efficiently communicate with Cryptocurrency team
* Document process and note code to allow continuity for future app managers
* High school diploma
* Currently enrolled in an accredited university and pursuing a BS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant field
* Prior experience in developing game apps
* Comfortable working with a multidisciplinary team
* Familiarity with Java, HTML, and other coding languages
* Some experience with Adobe Photoshop and other photo-editing software
* Candidate is reliable, takes pride in delivering robust software, and is willing to be on call to support the systems he/she develops.
Vanloan Nguyen, Director, email: email@example.com
William Wong, HR Team Leader, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Huey, HR Intern, email: email@example.com
Annie Zhou, HR Intern, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marc Gonzales, HR Intern, email: email@example.com
**About Berkeley Pharma Tech**
Berkeley Pharma tech is a biotechnology incubator. Established in 2019, our start-up is dedicated to finding the next big scientific ideas upon which innovations are built. We are proud to be a part of the biotechnology ecosystem in Silicon Valley. We aim to guide young scientists and entrepreneurs in the search for novel medical solutions. Our fellows will take part in hands-on projects that result in the spinning out of companies, and ultimately, the creation of innovative medicine and medical devices to improve the quality of life.
Visit our website: www.berkeleypharmatech.com.
You can read more about internship opportunities here, https://www.berkeleypharmatech.com/internships, or follow us on social media–Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyPharmaTech, and LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/BerkeleyPharmaTech/ to get the latest updates.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Berkeley Pharma Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Berkeley Pharma Tech are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.