Do you have an interest in journalism and have some knowledge of the biotech industry?
Berkeley Pharma Tech is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, mission-oriented editor with relevant prior experience to gain experience in kick-starting our Online Journal of Medicine. If you are looking for a chance to expand your passion for writing and gain insight into the biotech industry, this is an experience you will not want to miss out on.
Number of positions available: 3
Salary: Equity compensation
Duration: August 25, 2021, to December 17, 2021
Location: Work from home. You must live in the U.S.
Hours: 15 hours per week
* Earn equity in a start-up
* Training is provided
* Flexible work schedule
* Remote work
* Earn college credit according to your university's requirements
* Obtain a letter of recommendation at the end of the work cycle
* Gain experience!
* You will assist our Editorial Team in the coordination of all editorial production and manufacturing aspects of journal production from receipt of the manuscript through the distribution of the journal, including review of copyediting/proofreading, trafficking of proofs, and preparation of copy for the press.
* You will publish allocated issues and articles online to schedule, within budget, and to agreed quality levels.
* You will liaise with editors, managing editors, authors, and all external clients recognizing the key role the production editor has to play in customer relations management. They will ensure that all concerned are kept informed of progress while actively seeking to improve service levels where possible.
* You will actively pursue timely delivery of content and approvals to meet internal scheduling requirements.
* Ensure all content published in the journal is of high quality and within the journal’s scope
* Ensures correct grammar, spelling, usage, and adherence to AMA, agency, and client styles; maintains consistency in style, tone, and messaging across pieces
* Validates accuracy of data and claims by thoroughly fact-checking references
**The qualified candidate would:**
* Capable of making sense of complex information
* Passion for writing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate including familiarity with online submission and peer review systems, MS Office, and web searching, notably using key life sciences databases
* A very high standard of written English is required to communicate effectively and professionally with reviewers and authors
* Significant experience in assessing clinical research manuscripts and the peer review process
* Breadth of research interest and eagerness to learn about new areas and developments in medicine with the potential to improve people’s lives.
* Ideal candidate should have an advanced degree in life or health sciences
* Significant working knowledge and experience in the use of MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Extremely strong time management skills
**Why Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine?**
At Berkeley Pharma Tech, we celebrate the diversity of thought and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our people. We believe that a culture of empowerment and diversity is vital to our continued innovation and success.
We have eight talented members in our Editorial Team collaborating from all over the U.S. We are driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in small, agile teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic, and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your motivations for being interested in the internship. We will consider applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Vanloan Nguyen, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
William Wong, HR Team Lead, email@example.com
Justin Huey, HR Intern, firstname.lastname@example.org
**About Berkeley Pharma Tech**
Berkeley Pharma tech is a biotechnology incubator. Established in 2019, our start-up is dedicated to finding the next big scientific ideas upon which innovations are built. We are proud to be a part of the biotechnology ecosystem in Silicon Valley. We aim to guide young scientists and entrepreneurs in the search for novel medical solutions. Our fellows will take part in hands-on projects that result in the spinning out of companies, and ultimately, the creation of innovative medicine and medical devices to improve the quality of life.
Visit our website: www.berkeleypharmatech.com.
You can read more about us on our company internship page, https://www.berkeleypharmatech.com/internships, or follow us on social media–Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyPharmaTech, Instagram,https://www.instagram.com/berkeleypharmatech/ and LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/BerkeleyPharmaTech/ to get the latest updates.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Berkeley Pharma Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Berkeley Pharma Tech are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.