Location: East Otis, Massachusetts
Dates: Approximately early-June to early-August
Compensation: Commensurate based on experience
Benefits: Travel stipend, comfortable housing, healthy meals, access to camp facilities
Camp Description: The Berkshire Soccer Academy is a private overnight soccer camp for girls. We offer an elite training experience for girls, ages 10-16, in a traditional camp setting on a private lake in the Berkshires.
Scope of Work: Assistant Soccer Coaches function under the direction of the Soccer Program Director, the Master Coaches, and Head Coaches to plan, prepare, and facilitate two soccer sessions per day with a group of 20-40 campers of varying age and skill level. Assistant Coaches will have the opportunity to facilitate and coach smaller groups of campers on their own. Assistant Coaches will often be required to demonstrate drills in front of large and small groups.
Assistant Soccer Coaches undergo a week-long orientation before camp begins that covers Academy coaching protocol, equipment management, coach training, and more. Assistant Soccer Coaches live in a cabin with 8-12 campers as their Cabin Counselor alongside 1-2 other counselors. Assistant Coaches will have 1 day off for every 6 working days as well as at least 1 regularly scheduled break each day.
Job Qualifications based on our Service Standards:
- Must have proven experience supervising a minimum of 10 children at one time.
- Must be comfortable living in shared spaces with minimal privacy.
- Must be prepared to live in a rugged setting with limited access to phone and Internet.
- Past summer camp experience, a plus.
- Must have experience playing soccer at a high level (collegiate, ODP).
· Must be trustworthy and have a proven track record of following-through with commitments.
· Must communicate honestly, clearly, and calmly, in personal and professional settings.
· Must be committed to the safety and well-being of our campers at all times; physically, psychologically and socially.
· Must have experience modeling healthy habits and safe behavior consistently.
· Must enjoy working with kids, and be sensitive to their needs.
· Must have proven ability engaging with and appealing to kids on the field.
· Must have proven ability facilitating/ coaching activities that promote group cohesion.
· Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities and the needs of others.
· Must have proven success working within a team, meeting deadlines, being punctual, and collaborating with peers and supervisors.
· Must have proven experience as a positive role model to kids and peers.
· Must demonstrate optimism and flexibility in the face of adversity.
· Must enjoy receiving constructive feedback, and proven experience taking action to correct performance.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-326-9219
To Apply: Visit our website www.berkshiresocceracademy.com and complete the Staff Applicati